Tuesday, January 27, 2009

new week

















For Today... Monday January 26th


Outside my window : It is dark because it has been a very busy day for me. But I slipped on my coat and stepped outside for a few minutes. The neighborhood is quiet. The skies are clear and the stars are bright. It is a special time when the neighborhood is all mine. If it weren't so cold I would go back inside and get my dog Sebrina and take her for a walk.

I am thinking : I am thinking how many times I have missed the stars or missed a sunset because I was so involved with unimportant things.

From the learning rooms: I am learning to slow down and be aware of my surroundings . I am choosing a new life style because I want to live in the moment.

I am thankful for : I am so thankful for my eldest son Mark. He was so distant from his family for so many years. But now he is back. Well not living here but back in communication, back sharing his life with me. It proves to me that there is always hope even when we don't think there is.


From the kitchen: We seem to have craving for mashed potatoes lately. No matter what I fix seems to go good as long as it has mashed potatoes on the plate beside it.

I am wearing: It is still so cold here and I find my hand knit socks not only keep my feet warm but they are such like a comfort to my soul. I am wearing cord slacks and a long sleeved cotton blouse.

I am reading : I stopped by the library this week. It so hard for me to leave there with just one book. But the book I chose, " Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs. It is a 7 Day book so there was no sense even thinking of bring home more than one book This book is the sequel to " The Friday Night Knitting Club.

I am hoping: I am hoping that that the arthritis I suffer with will be kinder to me this week. It has been making it very hard for me

I am creating: A new lifestyle for myself that includes more quiet times and more time for writing and creating.

I am hearing : The house is so quiet except for the chiming of the mantle clock that sounds on the hour and quarter hour.

Around the house : Outside all around the house is heaps and heaps of snow that has begun to collect the dust in the air and has lost its pristine beauty.

One of my favorite things: One of my favorite things is my recliner. It is the one place I can come to and find some relief from the arthritis.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have a "play date" later this week with my friend to share patterns and have a time of working up some paper embroidery pieces to make into greeting cards. I am so looking forward to the "girl time.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you :
This is my best friend: Myne. The bathroom sink is one of her favorite places and she loves to watch me fix my hair in the morning. But often she stays to fall asleep there.

No comments:

Post a Comment